Root Canal Treatment
Root canals often tend to scare patients and cause anxiety. Due to the nature of the procedure and the time it takes to complete the procedure, patients dread going to the dentist to get the necessary treatment.
Now with Rotary endodontic system we can often complete a root canal treatment in one office visit.
Stop avoiding the necessary treatment and call today for an appointment
Root canal (endodontic) treatment is necessary when the pulp, the soft tissue inside the tooth’s root canal, becomes inflamed or infected with decay. If pulp inflammation or infection is left untreated, it can cause pain and/or lead to an abscess.
Inflammation or infection can be caused various reasons:
- Deep decay
- Repeated dental procedures on the tooth
- Fracture in the tooth
Injury to a tooth may cause pulp damage even if the tooth has no visible chips or cracks
Signs and symptoms:
- Prolonged sensitivity to heat or cold
- Tenderness to touch and chewing
- Discoloration of the tooth
- Drainage and tenderness in the lymph nodes as well as nearby bone and gingival tissues
- Sometimes, however, there are no symptoms
How does endodontic treatment save a tooth?
Your dentist removes the inflamed or infected pulp, carefully cleans and shapes the inside of the canal, a channel inside the root, then fills and seals the space. Afterwards, your dentist will place a crown on the tooth to protect and restore it to full function. After the restoration, the tooth continues to function like any other tooth and this treatment lasts a long time as long as the tooth and the restoration is maintained like it should be with proper home care and regular dental check-ups.
What Sets Us Apart
- Accepting Most PPO Insurances
- Dental Savings Plan (For non-insured patients)
- Evening & weekend appointments available
- Emergencies seen and treated promptly
- Dental Implants - Replace Missing Teeth
- Timely toothache relief - Urgent Care
- Personalized Care to fit all patients' needs
- 0% Financing through CareCredit & Lending Club